Just wanted to share some “interesting” articles:
- A Point of View: Say it isn’t so: anti-Semitism in Israel….Now, however, we read stories of neo-Nazi gangs roaming the streets of Israeli cities, of synagogues being vandalized and of swastikas being drawn on religious sites. It could be Kiev, Paris or Berlin, but it’s not. It’s Tel Aviv.
- Rock, Islam and the American influence on the live-music scene: during Ramadan Rania Khallaf found much to engage her attention…>
- Cosby, Farrakhan sing the same tune… For many of us, Cosby was preaching to the choir. Parents and family members, teachers, preachers, social workers, law enforcement officers and business people as well as celebrities such as Spike Lee, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and Minister Louis Farrakhan have been saying the same things for years.
- Here’s a bold proposal: Let’s talk about gun control…We should all recall when three college students were killed execution-style in Newark not long after a mad student killed 32 people at Virginia Tech. Some of us are probably still reeling about the mother who bought her 14-year-old son an automatic weapon to add to an already dangerous stockpile of guns and explosives. Don’t forget that street gangs have murdered thousands upon thousands since 9/11. Far too many believe that power comes from the barrel of a gun.
- W.Va. Woman Speaks About Torture Ordeal…For at least a week, authorities say, the 20-year-old black woman was kept captive in a shed, tortured, beaten, forced to eat rat, dog and human feces, and raped by six white men and women who taunted her with racial slurs.
- Call to search more black people…Keith Jarrett, outgoing president of the National Black Police Association (NBPA), is expected to press for police to use a stop and search approach with people from black communities in a speech at the NBPA’s annual conference in Bristol this Wednesday.
- Clark Atlanta University hosts Student Leadership Meeting with Minister Farrakhan…“It’s been 28 years since I was banned from HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities). I was banned because I could make a difference. Many of our schools are still plantations,” he said with pain in his voice.
Minister Farrakhan was received with a thunderous round of applause by a standing room only audience of more than 100 students and faculty from not only Clark Atlanta University, but Spelman and Morehouse, too.
- ‘Self-Help’: A Stolen Word Wielded as a Weapon Against Black Activism…The mantra of “self-help” has been fashioned into a club to bludgeon or shame African Americans into inaction on all fronts that might challenge real power relationships in the United States.
- Interfaith Group Blasts Horowitz’ Islamophobia Promotion Week…Under the leadership of David Horowitz, Ann Coulter, Rick Santorum, and their neoconservative colleagues “Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week” which took place October 22-26 on many campuses across America, including USC and UCLA. We believe that this was a calculated strategy to inflame fear of Muslims and ultimately to soften up the American public to support the next assault in the “War on Terror:” war against Iran. The audience is not so much the young people and their professors on campus but the unsuspecting public -you and us.